1916, JULY 15th, – RELIEVED BY THE 16th (CHURCH LADS BRIGADE) KING’S ROYAL RIFLES AND SPENT THE NIGHT AT LESTREM
On the 15th July the Battalion was relieved by the 16th King’s Royal Rifles and spent the night of the 15th/16th at Lestrem.
16th (Service) Battalion (Church Lads Brigade), King’s Royal Rifles
Formed at Denham, Bucks., on 19 September 1914 by Field-Marshal Lord Grenfell, Commandant of the Church Lads Brigade, from current and previous members of that organisation. Moved in March 1915 to Rayleigh but returned to Denham in May.
June 1915 : moved to Clipstone Camp and came under orders of 100th Brigade in 33rd Division. Moved on to Perham Down in August 1915.
17 November 1915 : landed at Le Havre.